Most people are opt for a SIM-locked carrier branded phone due to the subsidized price that a network-locked smartphone comes with. Getting a smartphone at a lower price is really easy but once your are bound in a contract, it might create a few hassles in certain situations. At times, you might find this sense of bondage to be irritating and frustrating. The easy installments that you pay to your network provider might feel like a big burden especially if you are not satisfied with the, quality, service and plans of your carrier.
Your one self might push you forward to revolt but the other self reminds you ofof contract you have up with your carrier. In most cases you can buy a SIM-unlock code from your operator after paying a certain amount of . Besides, you can also get your smartphone network unlocked by paying third-party company.
How would you feel if you are able to SIM-unlock your? Just imagine that sense of freedom that is free itself! At Droidviews, we do not miss any opportunity to write tutorials on topics that not only enrich the awareness and understanding of our visitors, but also help them do things that save moneyand spread a smile on their faces with the sense of victory at the same time.
Earlier, we brought you a couple of tutorials ona SIM-locked smartphone for free, but those guides were for a limited set of Android devices from Samsung, such as Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. You can have a look at those tutorials by visiting the following links:
Today, we shall share with you the trick to SIM-unlock another popular device, the Samsung Galaxy S4. The method has been tested successfully and found working on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and branded GT-I9500. Actually, there’s nothing new in this SIM-unlock method but what makes it different in Galaxy S4 case is the code to launch the.
How to SIM-Unlock Galaxy S4
Just follow the steps below to unlock your Galaxy S4.part of using this procedure is that the SIM unlock achieved by it is permanent and it retains even if you install the official firmware from your carrier. Take care that you do not press the Back button of your device. To go back, always tap on Menu button on phone and then selectBack from the options.
- Launch Service Mode on your Galaxy S4. You can do this by dialing *#0011# on your phone’s keypad in Phone app.
- When the Service menu is launched, tap on Menu (left ) button on the phone and from of options, selectBack.
- Now tap the Menu button again and select Key Input from the options. Doing this will popup a box. Tap on it, enter 1and then press OK.
- Tap the Menu button once again and select Back. Doing this will take you back to the MAIN MENU of .
- Now tap on the first option, that is,  UMTS.
- When you get into the UMTS MAIN MENU, tap on  Debug Screen.
- On the next screen tap  .
- Under the PHONE CONTROL menu you’ll see an option called  Network Lock.
- On the next screen, tap on  PERSO SHA256 OFF.
- Okay, now go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU by tapping on Menu (left soft key on phone) and selecting Back from the options.
- When you come back to UMTS menu, tap on COMMON.
- On the next screen, select NV REBUILD.
- Then tap on RESTORE BACK UP in the NV Rebuild menu.
- Your Galaxy S4 will now go into a temporary freezing state then you’ll see some activities. The screen will turn black, the LED will light Blue, and the Menu and Back key button on phone will turn on.
Finally, your phone will reboot automatically and it will take about a minute to boot up. Your Galaxy S4 is now SIM-unlocked! Enjoy the freedom from you carrier! To check if the unlock was successful or not, try a SIM card that is not from your carrier.